This year most students will be off from March 10th to 14th for their March Break Vacation; a week Oakville has filled with activities you and your kids will love. To help you plan an incredible week, we’ve compiled a list of the Oakville March Break day camps and all the other family friendly activities Oakville has to offer.
Oakville March Break Camps
Canlan Ice Sports offers a variety of week-long hockey camps for this March Break. All camps will help to improve hockey skills while being challenged in a fun and positive environment.
- Learn to Skate Camp (Ages 3+, 8:30am-12pm) Participants are split up on the ice according to skill level and all participants will learn and practice proper technique in all areas of the skating stride, edges, balance and stopping.
- Hockey Tips for Tots (Ages 4-7, 8:30am-12pm) Focuses on the fundamental skills of skating and explaining hockey in simplest terms. Age and skill appropriate drills focus on power skating, puck handling, passing and receiving.
- Powerskating and Hockey Skills (Ages 7+, 8:30am-5pm) The program focuses on proper technique and the “how to” in all areas of forward and backwards strides, edge control, stopping and balance. It gives players extra practice time while assisting in individual skill development.
- Super 6’s and 7’s (Ages 6-7, 8:30am-5pm) Designed for players who understand the game of hockey, and have played for at least two seasons. Players develop their powerskating, puck handling, passing, receiving, and shooting
- Skating, Shooting and Scoring (Ages 9+, 8:30am-5pm) They focus on developing a player’s overall scoring ability to make them a scoring leader. Players also work on skating, passing, receiving and conditioning.
Canlan Ice Sports – 2300 Cornwall Road – Oakville ON – 905-845-6989
Rising Sun Martial Arts of Oakville is offering a fun-filled March Break camp for children of all ages. Enjoy Tae Kwon Do lessons, laser tag, bouncy castles, rock climbing, crafts and much more.
Rising Sun Martial Arts – 1304 Speers Road – Oakville, ON – 905.844.8033
At Kids SuperGym, children will be participating in activities like acro-tumbling gymnastics, arts and crafts, trampoline and cooperative games. All camps are offered on a per day basis or sign up for the whole week.
Kids SuperGym – 3620 A Laird Rd – Mississauga, ON – 905.607.5437
Futures Gymnastics has an active March Break camp for kids ages 3 to 12. Children will learn the fundamentals of gymnastics, trampoline and more! They offer full and half day camps, with pre and post care for an additional fee.
Futures Gymnastics – 6991 Millcreek Dr. Unit 8 – Mississauga, ON – 905.819.9042
Futures Gymnastics – 3425 Laird Dr Unit 6 – Mississauga, ON –905.820.4843
Has your child dreamed of becoming a Knight? Make that dream come true at Ontario Centre for Classical Sport. Their Knight March Break camp for children ages 8-11 features fencing, archery, leather working and other chivalric activities from the days of old!
OCCS – 3750 Laird Rd – Mississauga, ON – 905.820.5151
Pakmen’s Volleyball Club offers a camp for kids ages 9-14. The aim of this camp is to have fun, promote fitness and develop volleyball skills! All skill levels will be accommodated.
Pakmen’s Volleyball Club – 50 Rathburn Rd W – Mississauga, ON – 905.276.7388
March Break camps at Airborne Trampoline are about more than just jumping. Children 6 and up will be participating in bowling, swimming, Dave& Busters and more! The camp runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., extended care is available. Your child may attend just one day or the full week.
Airborne Trampoline Centre – 4020A Sladeview Cres. Unit #3 – Mississauga, ON – 905.828.2412
ART & SCIENCE
March Break camps at 4Cats are filled with arts and adventure. Children ages 5-10 will be inspired by famous artists to create their own work using many different mediums. Three different half day camps are available for the morning and afternoon.
- Pierre-Auguste Renoir: Campers discover the Renoir’s amazing work to inspire their own creations.
- Mixed Media Camp: Children will learn how to combine different mixed media art techniques and form them into amazing art!
- Drawing and Watercolour: They’ll be exploring negative painting, tooth, triad, viewfinder & wet in wet while having fun!
4Cats – 1200 Speers Road Unit 15 – Oakville, ON – 905.845.9259
Bricks for Kidz offers exciting, interactive and educational March Break camps in Oakville and Mississauga for kids ages 5-10. At his high-demand camp children will learn about robotics, science, architecture and much more! There’s a long list of themes to choose from, including All Star Sports, construction, stop motion movie making, amusement parks and more.
Bricks for Kidz – White Oaks Secondary School – Oakville,ON – 416.473.2043
Daytime Oakville Activities
There are plenty of ways to play with the snow! Why not make a snowman, go tobogganing or visit an outdoor skating rink?
If you love maple syrup, don’t miss the Annual Maple Syrup Festival at Bronte Park. Running every day through March Break from 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM, see tour guides dress in turn-of-the-century attire. Attractions include: Pancake house, fresh maple Candy, Fresh Maple Taffy, guide tours of maple lane, gift shoppe, wagon rides, farm animals, farmhouse tours etc.
Bronte Park – Parking Lot D or F – 1219 Burloak Drive – Oakville, ON
The Oakville Museum invites children to immerse themselves different cultures! Monday to Friday, from 9AM-4PM, they’ll delve into each culture, learning about history and tasting delicacies. The day is for children ages 6-10 and costs $52.50 per day.
Monday – Scotland |Tuesday – India |Wednesday – France | Thursday – Japan | Friday – Canada
Erchless Estate – 8 Navy Street – Oakville, ON – 905.338.4400
Children ages 4 and up are invited for a week of fun at The Centre for Education and Training. From 10:00-11:30 AM, Monday-Friday, children will be having fun with special creative activities. A parent or legal guardian must remain on site.
Monday – Art Day |Tuesday – Design your Lunch Bag |Wednesday – Friendship Bracelet | Thursday – Ice Painting | Friday – Movie Day
171 Speers Road,Suite 20 – Oakville, ON – 905.875.3851 ext. 5015
The Oakville Public Library invites families for a drop-in storytime filled with songs, rhymes and stories from Monday – Friday, 10:00-10:30 AM.
Oakville Public Library – 1070 McCraney St. – Oakville, ON – 905.815.2042
The Shopping & Pampering Affair (S.P.A.) is the perfect day for mothers and daughters wishing to bond together. The S.P.A. offers express manicures, facials, a tea buffet and much more! Don’t forget to use the promo code KIDS2014 for a discount!
Otello’s Banquet & Convention Centre – 2273 Royal Windsor Drive – Oakville, ON – 905.849.6416
Erchless Estate invites you travel through time and experience art from prehistoric to modern times. From the Monday to Friday of March Break, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, lose yourself in the beauty of art.
Erchless Estate – 8 Navy Street – Oakville, ON – 905.338.4400
Take a trip to Toronto, where Disney On Ice is bringing all your favourite characters to life in this March Break’s Party on Ice. Celebrate with the heroes, princesses, villains and furry companions that have ignited our imaginations for decades. From this March 12th-16th, the Rogers Centre will come alive with this colourful production presenting more than 50 characters from 16 Disney stories.
Rogers Centre – 1 Blue Jays Way – Toronto, ON – 416.341.1000
View more camps, events and activities on our event calendar.